Mindfulness helps children to reflect on their thoughts, feelings and actions which helps them to make better choices for themselves and others. It teaches them how their brain works and the importance of self-regulation showing they are in control of themselves and their actions.
This workshop provides the space and time for you as the parent to develop your own awareness of your strengths, challenges, triggers and improvements. Furthermore, you get to connect with other parents in a non-judgemental environment providing support to each other. At the end of the day you will come away with a better understanding of self, techniques to develop yourself and your children, coping with more challenging times and a better appreciation of self.
This workshop is also open to all who care for children, including parents, grandparents and child care workers.
Through mindfulness we are able to teach children:
• OK to feel what you are feeling
• What you feel inside affects what you feel outside (our thoughts and emotions affect our body)
• Teaching children coping tools and mechanisms
• Help parents to relate to their children in challenging times
It has many benefits for children, such as:
• How to focus on the present and ignore distractions.
• How to regulate emotions
• How to react to situations
• Set’s kids up for success by creating good habits for the future.
• Helps with social anxiety by promoting happiness
• Positive changes to the brain like cognitive control, memory improvement, cognitive flexibility and improvement in grades
• Understand their thoughts and emotions
• Understand the impact their emotions and thoughts have on their mind and body
• Helps cultivate positive states and self-love
• Reduce stress by staying calm in life’s stressful times
• Feel compassion and empathy
In this workshop we will cover:
• Parents Self-Practice
• The Busy Mind
• Expressing Emotions
• Breathing Techniques
• Mindfulness Activities
• Sensory Anchors
• Mindful Movements